Are you looking for some effective home remedies for cystic acne? If you are suffering from this painful skin condition, you should do well to go through this detailed post that gives you some powerful home remedies for cystic acne. Just read on.
Acne can take many forms. Cystic acne is one of the most serious forms of acne. It occurs as a soft, fluid-filled lump underneath the skin surface. These large red rashes are usually very painful and cause considerable damage to the skin. In most cases, the probability of scarring is extremely high. This kind of acne can develop on the face, chest, back, arms or shoulders.
The skin pores consist of hair follicles and sebaceous glands, which secretes sebum. If the sebum is excessively secreted, it will clog the pores and the epidermal cells released by the skin. Any infection in these blocked pores will affect the deep layers of skin leading to cystic acne.
Factors contributing to cystic acne
The main factors that contribute to cystic acne are the following.
- Hormonal changes
- Oily cosmetics
- Excessive humidity
- certain drugs
- Chemical exposure
But the main factor contributing to cystic acne is hormonal changes in the body. Teens most of the time develop cystic acne, but anyone can be affected by this.
A healthy lifestyle is very important to prevent cystic acne and you will also have to maintain a healthy skin care program. Simple remedies at home can effectively eliminate inflammation and infection caused by cystic acne.
Home Remedies For Cystic Acne
Turmeric is a wonderful herb that can cure many of the problems associated with inflammation. It contains curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that naturally relieves inflammation and pain. It also acts as a natural antiseptic that fights infections.
- Take one or two teaspoons of turmeric powder and add a little water or unrefined sesame oil to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area and let it work for about one hour.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Repeat this medicine once or twice daily for several weeks.
- You can also drink a glass of warm milk by adding half a spoonful of turmeric.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the household remedies widely used to treat cystic acne. It acts as an astringent that helps eliminate excess sebum to heal acne and reduce pain and inflammation. It cleanses the skin and balances the pH-value of the skin.
- Mix an equal amount of cider vinegar and warm water.
- Apply this mixture to the acne area with a cotton ball.
- Leave it there for 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day until the results become visible.
- You can also add one tablespoon of unfiltered raw cider vinegar to a glass of hot water and drink twice a day before meals.
- If you like, you can add some honey to this mixture.
In addition, the appearance of age spots, pimples or acne scars can be controlled by applying diluted cider vinegar to the affected area and leaving it overnight.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another common remedy to treat skin problems such as cystic acne. It penetrates deeply into the deep skin layers and helps to block sebaceous glands, disinfects pores and dries acne without leaving scars.
- Add one or two drops of tea tree oil to a cotton swab.
- Apply it gently to the affected area and let it work for a few hours or you can even store it overnight.
- The sensitive skin must dilute part of the tea tree oil with three parts of water and then use it.
- You can also mix 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil in a teaspoon of raw organic honey.
- Apply this mixture directly onto the affected area.
- Let it remain there for 20 minutes before rinsing with water.
- Repeat this medicine once a day for about one or two weeks.
Baking powder is another active ingredient that extracts excess sebum and oil from the skin. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help in the treatment of cystic acne. It also exfoliates the skin and releases all dead cells. It also helps to balance the pH-value of the skin by making it healthy and radiant.
- Mix a teaspoonful of baking powder with just enough water or cucumber juice to make a thin paste.
- Apply to the affected area and leave on for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and moisturize the skin.
- Repeat this medicine once or twice a week.
Fuller’s Earth is a type of clay that effectively rid of excess oil and dead skin cells that cause cystic acne. It provides a smooth, clear complexion by reducing the risk of scarring.
- Mix one or two tablespoons of fuller soil with enough water to obtain a dough.
- Add half a teaspoonful of honey.
- Apply evenly to face and neck.
- Leave it there to dry for 15-20 minutes, then wash with water.
- After rinsing, moisten with cold water.
- Repeat this medicine once or twice a week.
Lavender oil is another good treatment for cystic acne. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help treat acne and relieve pain.
- Dab lavender oil on the affected area two or three times daily so that the acne forms a head in one or two days.
- You can also mix a few drops of lavender oil with a mild cleanser and use it to wash your face twice a day.
- Another possibility is to take steam by adding a few drops of lavender oil.
- Allow the steam to drain on the face for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure two to three times a day.
Home remedies for cystic acne
Follow these remedies at home for flawless, radiant skin by treating cystic acne. We are quite sure that these home remedies for cystic acne will help you get rid of this painful condition and also enable you to have an acne-free skin glowing with health and freshness.